The Vital Metrix Team
Alton Reich, MS, PE
FOUNDER / CEO
- Developed the core Vital Metrix technology for the Air Force
- Inventor on more than 10 patent
- 25 years experience in leading engineering and technology companies
- Founding partner of Streamline Automation
- BS in Mechanical Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- MS in Mechanical Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute and the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Recognized architect of highly successful medical tech launches and corporate development
- Over 30 years in healthcare administration
- Has launched a large portfolio of unique to market products including medication dispensing and fall detection, infusion and pain management, radiology technologies and cardiac devices for privately held and Fortune 500 companies
- Specializes in early stage BioTech and Medical Device companies.
- Published author
- Former CFO for Sack Lunch, a promoter of large outdoor events around the US and franchised internationally
- Supervised PCAOB audits, prepared public filings with SEC, Reg A filing for financial raises
- Previous partner at an international venture capital firm, responsible for banking, investor relations, and administration
- BA in Accounting from the University of Utah
VP of Business Development
- Experience business/market development executive in the healthcare industry working with both Fortune 500 companies and entrepreneurs
- Leader in customer and market identification for new products and service solutions including medical devices and predictive analytics software solutions
- Extensive experience in both domestic and international expansion of sales organizations through channel and distributor management
Sami Bayyuk, PhD
- Developed the Vital Metrix algorithms and models
- Computational algorithm design and development
- More than 25 years of commercial software and model development experience
- Co-author of more then 20 publications on model development and applications
- PhD in Aerospace Engineering specializing in Computation Fluid Dynamics from the University of Michigan
- Developed the Vital Metrix mobile application
- Over 15 years experience in software engineering
- As Chief Engineer, oversaw the technical direction of a $60 mil software program for the US Army with customers across the DoD, DOJ, and DHS
- Expert in data and visual analytics, UI/UX development, software systems engineering and interoperability
- MS in Electrical Engineering from Norfolk State University
Medical Advisory Board
J. Peter McBride
Advisory Board Director
Mr. McBride has spent more than 40 years in the healthcare industry. His focus on cardiac medicine includes his service as a US Marines in Vietnam to a business leader in cardiovascular feasibility assessment, business development, physician integration and alignment strategies. He is the Founder and CEO of Cardiovascular Resource Solutions and is the Healthcare Business Analyst North America for GE Healthcare. Mr. McBride developed the Electrophysiology School of Medicine at Loma Linda University where he is an Associate Clinical Professor. He is a sought after consultant for emerging medical technology companies and has developed six physician owned Heart and Vascular Institutes. Mr. McBride holds Degrees in Cardiovascular Medicine and Finance.
J. Thomas Heywood, MD, FACC
Medical Director, Advanced Heart Failure & Mechanical Circulatory Support Program, Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, CA
In practice since 1987, J. Thomas Heywood, MD, is a cardiologist specializing in the care of patients diagnosed with congestive heart failure. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology, and Echocardiography. Dr. Heywood joined Scripps Clinic in 2005 to serve as Director of the Heart Failure Recovery and Research Program in the Division of Cardiovascular Diseases.
In 2012, he became the Medical Director of the Advanced Heart Failure and Mechanical Circulatory Support Program. He supervises the delivery of heart failure services for all Scripps hospitals. In addition to his clinical practice, he has been a principle investigator in many pivotal heart failure trials in effort to improve patient outcomes.
Dr. Heywood is an internationally recognized expert in heart failure and has authored more than 80 publications. He lectures nationally and internationally on state-of-the-art cardiomyopathy treatments.
Brian Loveridge, MD
Brian W. Loveridge, MD, FAAEM, is a graduate of the University of Utah Medical School. He trained in emergency medicine at Wright State University in the combined Air Force residency program with Wright Patterson Air Force Base. His humanitarian medical outreach includes disaster relief to Mozambique, Africa following the devastating floods in 2000. He served seven years as an Officer in the United States Air Force. During his military service he was deployed to Balad Air Base where his team treated 1,800 level one causalities in 2005.
Dr. Loveridge has practiced emergency medicine for 17 years at Mike O’Callaghan Air Force/VA hospital in Las Vegas Nevada and at Ogden Regional Hospital, level II trauma center. He also serves as the Regional Medical Director, Diabetes Relief, he travels domestically and internationally to help reverse the complications of diabetes via pulse insulin treatment.
Loveridge is board certified in Emergency Medicine, and is a fellow of the American Academy of Emergency Physicians.
Thomas Garrison, MD
Dr. Thomas Garrison obtained his MD from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. He then completed his residency in Emergency Medicine. Garrison served 15 years in the U.S. Air Force, 5 of which were as a Flight Surgeon for F-16 flying missions and even served as the Emergency Medicine Consultant to the Command Surgeon General. Dr. Garrison has over 25 years of full time clinical and emergency medicine experience with extensive administrative experience.
For 20 years Garrison practiced Emergency Medicine within the Intermountain Healthcare Systems, where he was the Founding Director of Intermountain Health Care (HC) Emergency Medicine Clinical Programs. Dr. Garrison is a contributing author of two major Emergency Medicine textbooks.
As an Entrepreneur, Dr. Garrison, founded Sono Bello and was a founder of Bio-Path Holding, Inc., a biotech company affiliated with the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX. He is also the principal owner of MyDietitian, LLC. Garrison is also a partner in an investment group specializing in corporate development, company incubation, fund raising, IPOs and reverse mergers.
Joseph Shumway, MD
Senior Attending Physician Sidra Medicine , Qatar
Dr Shumway trained at Columbia College of Physician and Surgeons with a joint degree in Medicine and Public Health in 1988. After medical school he went to Beijing China to work for the WHO where he helped to launch their nationwide Mammography Screening Program based on work he had performed while completing his Public Health Degree. He then returned to Residency at UCLA and Fellowship in MFM at Johns Hopkins.
Post MFM fellowship he has practiced academic medicine at St Louis University Washington University as a medical professor and surgeon from 1995 to 2011. He is an ACOG trained Residency Program Director.
Currently, Dr Shumway is the Medical Director of Simulation in Obstetrics and Gynecology for Sidra. He also works on the Credentials Committee, Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee, and is the Chair of the Medical Executive Policies and Procedures committee. He is a clinically active teacher at the Weil Cornell Medical College and has additional teaching responsibilities at HMC, Women’s Hospital and Al Wakra Hospital.